Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Erin Fackler: The Evolving Photographer



The journey of this young woman's career, I was blessed to be able to see it florist and grow into what it is today. Erin Fackler a bubbling and driven up and coming photographer has withstand obstacles. When I first met Erin, about a year ago I reached out to her to be a part of my Makeover Fashion Show. I say it wasn't no coincidence that we crossed paths, it's always a purpose to why we meet who we meet. My purpose was to help this young lady find HER purpose in life, because I seen something amazing in her, even in her most darkest time. She was strong, even when she didn't know her own strength and to see her transform just like the beautiful butterfly is priceless to me. 

Now a year later she has evolved tremendously into a die hard photographer. With the help of other mentors, and friends Erin has coordinated her own fashion show, her work has been published in Rack Plus magazine, and she has branded herself as a responsible creative photographer. Dreams do come true when you believe in yourself, and when your destined for greatness nothing can stand in your way of your purpose.

Here's my interview with the lovely Mrs. Fackler herself 

 Natassja Price: Where are you studying photography?
Erin Fackler: I am studying photography at Consumes River College and a class at ARC. 

NP: What did you do to gain so much knowledge in this area?
EF: I practiced by myself and interned and assisted with other photographers like Fred Jennings and Steven Lester. Some very well talented photographers and by going to school. 

NP: When did you become interested in this field of study? 
EF: I decide to become interested in Photography at the end of Feb of 2012. I was going to school for Early Childhood Education and realized to myself that wasn't what was really interesting me at the time. I always loved taking pictures of anything and everything. When I went on trips I was taking hundreds of photos. So last year I decided I wanted to go back to school and learn things with what I really loved to do and and that was taking pictures of sunsets, animals, then to models, families and so much more. 

NP: When did your photography career start?
EF: My career probably started at the beginning of August of 2012 when I enrolled into my first digital photography course. But throughout the months I had learned and gained so much. I got my first magazine with one of my models Crystal Her, published September with Rack PlusMag. 

NP: Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?
EF: Natassja Price helped me realize really what I wanted to do in life. I thought I wanted to be a model but I was still taking pictures of all the other models in the shows of the ladies getting there hair & make up done. After both Fashion Shows I also got real close to some of the other models and when I asked them if they would like to shoot outside the fashion show to help build my portfolio they said yes. So I thank all the models that have helped me build it all together, like Yvette Ramirez, Ashley Hammock, Kayla Woods, Crystal Her, Niki Lee, and so any more. 

NP: Do you think that a person must possess talent to capture emotion and expression in a picture?
EF: No I don't think so. I think that whatever the model, family, or whoever I am shooting wants to do something that they want to do artistically I let them because that is the beauty of life and how they look or what they do is what they want to do. I help give suggestions and if they like then I'll go for it. It is the learning experience to try something new and sometimes having it come out better than what is expected.


NP: Do you have a special style in your photographs that can single you out like strokes in a painting? 
EF: Not really at this time,  I work with a lot of models and different styles, but I also love working with families, babies, animals and so much more. Really anything that catches my attention. It only happens once in a life time and may never see it again. 

NP: What makes a good photographer in your opinion? 
EF: A good photographer I think is someone that strives and Persist in what they love to do. Not making girls do things they don't want to do, not just saying your a photographer when really you can be just a beginner. You have to really put your heart into it because moments only last once in a life time and you can't mess that up for someone. Because then they will be hurt because of a lie. I never lie to my customers I tell them exactly what I can do and what I like to do and I have had not had a problem yet.

NP: What do you enjoy most photographing? 
EF: I like photographing models. A lot of the girls I have worked with are all different sizes from plus to petite, edgy and different nationalities. I love seeing different styles that the girls want to do with each shoot. There's a reason and purpose for everything. 

NP: What motivates you to do what you do? 
EF: With all the compliments from fans, models, and other photographers that love to see my work and don't put me down in what I like to do. They give me suggestions or ways things should look like or make things look better for me.  

NP: 
Can you describe that "moment" (experience, emotion,) when you knew that photography was something you just had to do? 
EF: At first I was scared and thought people would make fun of me and think oh look she's copying them or she's copying me, ect. But then I had to realize I'm not the only person out there that is trying to be a photographer or accomplish something I like, a lot of people are and I had to get over it. Lol but then meeting new people and talking to other photographers and getting tips helped me feel more comfortable being myself in what I want to do and take pictures of people and or other things. 

NP: If you weren't a photographer, what would you want to do?
EF: I love doing up dos with hair but there's so much unnecessary things that needs to be done that I don't know if I would even be able to go through with all of it. lol

NP: Any advice for upcoming photographers? 
EF: It just takes time, patience, and lots of questions to ask teachers and other photographers. You have to take it day by day and a step at a time. It's just not going to happen over night


You can check out more of Erin's work here on her Facebook Fan Page. Be sure to like and follow her on her mission to becoming a well known photographer here in Sacramento, CA


City of Urban Rock Photo Shoot


Models Nikki Lee & Crystal Her

First Model of Week Yvette Ramirez

Model: Crystal Her


Wedding Shoot


Yvette Ramirez


Crystal Her

First published work for Rack PlusMag















 

No comments:

Post a Comment