Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fajr Dawn Scott: The Artistik Revolutionary

Fajr Dawn Scott

I have had the pleasure of meeting a dynamic and phenomenal women via social media. You know how you just instantly connect with someone because their aura is just so pleasant and real, that was the case here with the beautiful Fajr. She is a triple threat when it comes to being artistic, her roots are deeply planted in the artistic world. She draws, creates clothes, jewelry and to top it off she is a positive motivational speaker. A woman that doesn't limit herself, but instead embraces her gifts and talents.

Fajr was born in Detroit, MI, but was bred in Cleveland OH. As a youth Fajr mother who also was an artist/homemaker and who initially inspired Fajr to live life through an artistic eye. And because of her gift in 5th grade Farj was inducted in the Cleveland School of Art. A honorable, and humbling experience for her. 

Today Fajr relocated to Northern California in August of 2012. To rebuild, to restore, and to share with us her talents and gifts. I would like to say welcome and I truly look forward to seeing this creative butterfly blossom artistically, spiritually, and mentally. 

Be sure to check her out here on Facebook to stay in the loop with what's happening with Fajr and her art.


Can't Stop the Boogie
piece in honor of the talented Lauryn Hill

Natassja Price: What Inspires your work?
Fajr Dawn Scott: Life in general different and the different aspects of life. My concepts comes from thoughts and dreams.  But sometimes the original idea that I had can be changed based on the music that I listen to, because of the mood I am in. But the underlying message or idea will still be present in my piece.

NP: Is there an artist that you relate to?
FS: Yes, Yasiin Bey formally known as Mos Def

NP: What would you call your style?
FS: It’s a mixer of styles, I can’t really target one style, I use many styles, from abstract to contemporary. It varies across the board. Then being a designer has something to do with it because I use fabrics and notions in my art as well. 

NP: Do you have a preferred medium when you draw?
FS: Color pencils are my favorite, and acrylic paint. I also enjoy using finger nail polish

NP: What's the best thing about being an artist?
FS: There is no limitations with the creative mind, it’s no holding back. You can have an idea after idea when it comes to being creative.

NP: What is the worst thing about being an artist?
FS: Finding that right avenue to get you to where you want to go with the idea. 

NP: What advice do you have for aspiring artist?
FS: Trusting in a higher power will allow an artist the freedom and strength to keep going, and don’t stop there is a reason for everything. There is a reason why you fell into art so follow it with the help of a higher power.

NP: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
FS: I expect to have my own studio, I want to be able to show my work even if it isn't bought, but to mainly get the message out there and seen. Its therapeutic, and I like to see people look at my work and try to see the message that is behind it. It is a blessing if they want to buy the piece.


His Backbone

Love on Fire

Avangel

Sugar Plum Portrait of"Yasiin Bey"









No comments:

Post a Comment